Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tempeh Shepherd's Pie

Tonight was my first opportunity to try out a recipe from The Craft of Stone Brewing Co., which I received as a Christmas gift from the boys and Tee.

In fact I was able to try out two recipes, because the recipe for Stone's Tempeh Shepherd's Pie calls for topping with a batch of Stone IPA Garlicky Mashed Potatoes.

I deviated from both recipes a bit out of necessity; no ground pasilla chiles to be had in my cupboard, so substituted ground New Mexico Chiles in the pie filling and no Stone IPA for the potatoes so I used my home brewed IPA instead.  I also used a mix of mashed Yukon Gold potatoes and mashed celery root to lower the carbs a wee bit.  Not that it mattered since I ingested other carbs in the form of the remaining IPA not required for the recipe.  Couldn't let it go to waste.






It could certainly have been spicier and there's little doubt that all potatoes and Stone IPA would have been better than half potatoes and home IPA, but all-in-all it was not a bad effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home