Just because I'm weird...
We have had a tomato plant sprouting little yellow pear tomatoes like there's no tomorrow. Running out of things to do with them, Denise decided to cook a bunch up one weekend afternoon. I ran them through the food mill to separate out the skins and what not, leaving a nice yellow tomato juice/sauce. Ended up canning about a pint and a half of sauce. Tonight I finally decided it was time to do something with it.
So, into the sauce I added...
- One Red Bell Pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 Hot House Cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- 2 Medium Jalapenos, seeds and veins removed, very finely diced
- Small Red Onion, finely diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, finely minced
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp (or so) Picante Pepper Olive Oil from the Temecula Olive Oil Company
- 1 Tbsp (or so) White Vinegar
Served with a little toasted sourdough and a glass of wine. Pretty tasty.