Sunday, June 19, 2011

Braised Cabbage with Apples and Sopressata

We have been inundated with cabbages from the garden recently and I've been struggling to find applications for them all.  Did the Kung Pao Salad and the sauerkraut (which did not turn out well, sadly) and still have cabbage heads galore.

Denise had prepared a little picnic for our trip to the Jethro Tull concert last weekend and the menu included some Boar's Head Sopressata.  You can check out sopressata at the Boar's Head Digicatessen.


Anyway, we had a bit of leftover sopressata and all that cabbage, so I decided to use them up together.  The recipe is a knock-off of one that was originally made with pancetta, but I think I might like this version better.

Everyone into the pan
The Finished Product

Umm, tasty.  Now, what to do with the other half dozen cabbages?

You can check out my recipe at my recipe blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home