Soup Again?!
I will say this; minestrone = canellini beans. Lentil soup = lentils. Minestrone wins, hands down, if for no other reason than the reduced carbon footprint (methane is a greenhouse gas.)
I also give the nod to minestrone because of the Parmesan cheese shavings on top. And I went with the Italian theme, what with Nicholas in Italia and all.
What it really comes down to is this: you can use up a heck of a lot of produce in soup. I was able to use up a couple more leeks, another quart of vegetable stock and entire bag of spinach and probably a few other trace veggies. With Denise's efforts on the salad we were actually able to get all of our produce back into the refrigerator produce drawers!!! A first since joining the CSA.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home