Friday, March 11, 2011

A Brief Bit of Bitching

Just a short post to mention that Verizon and Recipe TV both SUCK.

Verizon sucks because they screwed me on my cell phone bill.  What else is new.  I was going over my minutes for the month, so I upgraded to a higher plan.  Their web site showed that I now had used 650 of an available 900 minutes.  Cool, I had 250 minutes to spare.  Then my bill shows up and they're charging me $100 for usage charges.   I called customer support, got some very nearly illiterate agent (I'm not kidding) who informed me that I had apparently not back dated my plan, so the changes only applied to future months.  Why, I asked would the web site show that I had minutes available if it wasn't applying to my current charges.  Well, since you used our web site I can't help you.

Verizon is basically committing fraud, publishing misinformation to gouge customers for additional money.  F$#kers!  Like all wireless carriers, Verizon's customer service model basically says "Hey, we appreciate your business so f%#k you.  It's not like you're going to find better service from anyone else."

Recipe TV on the other hand, is one of those obnoxious channels that  boosts the volume on the commercials to roughly the equivalent of a 727 at takeoff.  I can't wait until that new law passes where executives of networks that boost the commercial volume are stood in front of a brick wall and shot.

The network is fairly stupid anyway, with recipes like steak salad;
"Broil a steak, slice and place on some tossed greens."  
"Really, I would never have guessed."
Then occasionally a chef will actually make something interesting, flashing through a recipe while offering no quantities and misinformation ("Tahini is very high in calcium!") and then they tell you recipes are available on their web site.  Only problem is they're not; no recipe index, no search capability, just videos of some of the same crap they showed on the TV.

Evil bastards.  Death to them all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hanten said...

OK, I have to apologize and rescind my earlier comments re. Verizon's customer support, because today I received an email response telling me that they were refunding my over charges, minus the $20 charge that I was supposed to have received for back dating my plan change. Which seems fair I suppose. I just wish the customer support rep I spoke to originally could have done that.

So, I don't hate Verizon anymore, which is good, because in fairness I have had better service from Verizon than from the other carriers I've used.

But I still hate Recipe TV.

March 12, 2011 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger Garage Sailing said...

Death seems an extreme thing to wish on them. How about a bad headache?

March 13, 2011 at 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home